Single Truck Insurance


Single trailers have one axle which makes it slightly easier to tow and manoeuvre goods compared to a tandem trailer. They are usually better suited for moving smaller loads or for shorter distances. Single axle trailers are also cheaper to maintain as there are fewer parts that could break or get damaged. If your business activities involve using a single axle trailer, it’s important to get insurance to cover incidents that could impact your operations.

What does single trailer insurance cover?

Single Axle Trailer Insurance is usually broken down into three categories: comprehensive cover; third party, fire and theft cover; and third party property damage trailer insurance. Comprehensive cover is the most reliable option as it may cover a broad range of events including:

  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Fire
  • Accidental damage
  • Storms
  • Flood
  • Explosions
  • Legal liability

Depending on the policy, comprehensive cover may cover the costs of hiring a replacement trailer, repairs, clean up costs and more.
The cost of Single Axle Trailer Insurance varies depending on the type and value of your trailer, business activities, drivers’ age and claims history, location and cover options.

Get a Single Axle Trailer Insurance Quote Today

Truck Insurance HQ is a specialist insurance broker for businesses in the transport and logistics industry. We understand the risks involved while operating a trailer and can help you find tailored insurance solutions to meet your needs. Get in touch with our brokers to get a quote or discuss your options. You can also request a quote online.


    State *

    Message *

    Blog Feed

    Concrete Pumping Insurance

    To understand concrete pump insurance, it is important to know what concrete pumping is all about and what insurance coverage can do for your business. Concrete pumping requires transferring liquid from concrete through hoses and pipes. There are different types of...

    read more
    Truck Green Slip Insurance

    Truck Green Slip Insurance

    In Australia, it’s mandatory for all registered vehicles to have compulsory third party insurance. What Is Truck Green Slip? Green slip insurance, also known as compulsory third party (CTP) insurance or motor accident injuries insurance, is a compulsory insurance...

    read more