An accident, breakdown or theft could significantly disrupt your heavy haulage business operations and cause a lot of stress for you and your employees. However, with a reliable heavy haulage insurance policy in place, you can have faith in knowing that you’ll get the support and assistance to get back on the road quickly.
What is heavy haulage insurance?
Heavy haulage insurance is a specialist type of cover to protect your business and its carriage of goods. A comprehensive heavy haulage insurance policy usually covers a variety of areas, however, the areas covered will depend on your business activities, risks and desired level of cover. Some common policies include:
- Public liability insurance: Covers claims of third party injury or property damage as a result of your business operations or activities.
- Marine cargo insurance: Cover for the loss or damage to goods you are carrying while in transit via the ocean.
- Goods in transit insurance: Cover to protect goods that are lost or damaged while in transit.
- Carriers goodwill insurance: Cover designed to pay out if your customers’ goods are damaged during transit.
- Cargo liability insurance: Cover designed to protect your terms and conditions of carriage.
- Truck/vehicle insurance: Varying levels of cover to protect the fire, theft, loss or damage of your vehicle.
Do I need heavy haulage insurance?
The heavy haulage and transport industry face unique hazards and risks. While the list is extensive, some of the top risks include road accidents, manual handling mishaps, injuries (sprains and strains) and driver fatigue.
You can read more about risks in the transport industry on SafeWork Australia’s website.
In the unfortunate event that something did go wrong, it’s important to be able to resume business and get back on the road with minimal interruption. This goes for any sort of transport and logistics business
Get a heavy haulage insurance quote today
Truck Insurance HQ is a leading insurance broker for the truck and transport industry in Australia. Our brokers have extensive experience working with both small, medium and large businesses in the heavy haulage industry, and can help you find a tailored insurance policy to meet your needs.
As well as heavy haulage companies, we can also offer insurance for subcontractors, owner-drivers, couriers, logistics companies and other businesses in the industry.